Aaron Parecki is the co-founder of IndieWebCamp, currently the CTO of Esri R&D Center, Portland. Formerly the co-founder of Geoloqi.
I'm working on building the following building blocks of the Indie Web
I'm building indieweb functionality into my personal site, p3k
Things I feel like I've figured out pretty well, have shipped on my own site, can depend on, and am available to help explain to others.
Below are some general itches that are before the stage of turning into action items for p3k. For a more immediate list of things that will end up in my site, see: p3k#Itching
- private groups - wanting to communicate privately with some group of people. This past year I have been finding private/secret Facebook groups very useful for certain things. How does this translate onto our individual sites?
- archive to wayback machine
- some time after publishing posts on my site, send a ping to the wayback machine to trigger archiving it
- send a ping for any pages that I link to
- community event calendar/aggregator
- gopher server for IndieNews as a follow-up to http://metatalk.metafilter.com/24019/Direct-your-gopher-client-to-gopher-gophermetafiltercom