IndieWebCamp Edinburgh 2015
The first IndieWebCamp in Edinburgh, but just one of many IndieWebCamps!
The importance of owning your data is getting more awareness. To grow it and help people gettings started, we're meeting for a bar-camp like collaboration in Edinburgh for two days of brainstorming, working, teaching, helping.
Join us in Edinburgh and learn how to use open web technologies to empower and – maybe more importantly – encourage users to own their own content and identities.
The canonical signup for this event is the wiki Guest List page. To add yourself, you need to:
- Sign into the wiki with indieauth (two-step instructions, screenshots)
- Then edit the Guest List to fill in your details.
- OR if that's not an option for you (eg. if you don't have your own domain yet) ping Amy Guy (by email, twitter or IRC) and she'll be happy to add you to the guest list on your behalf.
- Alternatively sign up on Attending.io, which will have the same effect.
| Day 1: Discussions
|| Day 2: Hacking
10:00 Doors open - Registration, breakfast
10:30 Introductions and demos
11:30 Create the schedule
16:30 Group photo
16:45 Last session
17:30 End of sessions for day 1
... self-organised group dinner and drinks
10:00 Day 2 kick-off, breakfast
10:45 Hack sessions
14:15 Hack sessions continue
17:30 Camp closed
... to the Auld Hoose for nachos!
Day 1 is about discussing in a BarCamp-like environment. Bring a topic you'd like to discuss or join in on topics as they are added to the board.
Day 2 is about implementing what we discussed. Work with others or on your own. We'll have demos at the end of the day to see what everyone worked on!
Day 1: Saturday
Individual Session wiki pages
How to sponsor IndieWebCamp
We're grateful for the support of Matrix - the ambitious new open standard for distributed, real-time communication, interoperable Instant Messaging and VoIP - who are supporting two days of breakfast and snacks!
Thanks to NCR Edinburgh for hosting us and providing two days of lunch and use of their coffee machines!
And thanks for additional support from Esri and NLNet!
- Organizers: Amy Guy, Harry Reeder, and James Baster
- Want to help organize? Get in touch with us on IRC!
- Want to help out?
- Contact an organizer!
- Check the #To-do list below to see if there's something you can help out with.
- Setup wiki pages (Introductions, Demos, complete schedule etc.)
- Set up Facebook event
- Find someone to support remote participation
Questions for Organizers
Add your questions below
Put suggestions for IWC Edinburgh 2015 here.